LVN - PRN rotating shifts
JOB TITLE: Licensed Vocational Nurse
REPORTS TO: RN Charge Nurse
JOB SUMMARY: The Licensed Vocational Nurse will assist the registered nursing staff in providing maximum patient care, assessment of, planning for, documentation on, implementation and evaluation of care for each assigned patient.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
Provides basic patient assessments and reports unusual results to the appropriate RN.
- Assists with formulating appropriate nursing diagnoses and identifies patient problems for a data base and for on-going assessments.
- Reviews care plans to assist RN’s with up-dates and needed modifications.
- Appropriately interacts with and provides instruction to patients, family and others.
- Administers medications in compliance with physicians’ direction, supervisory instruction, and established hospital procedure.
- Performs basic nursing skills consistent with care plans and instructions.
- Maintains accurate and timely documents relative to patient care and according to supervisory instruction and established procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Vocational Nursing.
2. Must have and maintain a current LVN license issued by the State of Texas.
3. Must have and maintain all required certifications.
4. Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.