About Our Hospital
Tyler County Hospital Auxiliary
IT’S A WIN, WIN DEAL –
- VOLUNTEERING MAKES FOR A LONGER, HAPPIER LIFE FOR THE VOLUNTEER
- IT COSTS AS LITTLE AS 3 HOURS A WEEK OF YOUR TIME
- IT BENEFITS SO MANY
- HEY, YOU EVEN ENJOY A FREE MEAL ON THE DAY YOU VOLUNTEER
- WE NEED YOU IN SO MANY WAYS – EMERGENCY LOBBY DESK, INFO DESK, GIFT SHOP CLERK, SODA/SNACK MACHINE STOCKING & MORE
- WE CONTRIBUTED OVER $7709.00 IN LVN SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS AND/OR EQUIPMENT TO TCH IN 2020/2021 AND OVER $21339 FROM 2016 to 2019, BENEFITING BOTH INPATIENTS AND OUTPATIENTS OF OUR COMMUNITY
- IN 2019thru 2021, WE DONATED 5494 HOURS IN VOLUNTEER NON-PAID SERVICES TO TYLER COUNTY HOSPITAL. PROVIDING VARIOUS VOLUNTEER SERVICES FOR HOSPITAL PERSONNEL AND PATIENTS.
- THE HOSPITAL AUXILIARY DOES NOT MAKE TYLER COUNTY HOSPITAL, BUT IT DOES MAKE IT BETTER!
We’re a dedicated, hardworking organization; proud to be able to make valuable contributions to our hospital and the citizens it serves. We manage the Wildflower Gift Shop and the hospital vending machines, using the revenues to provide scholarships and purchase equipment for the hospital. We also hold fundraising events to gain revenue.
We welcome men and women. Call us at 409-283-6435 or drop by the Gift Shop.
It is in giving of oneself that one receives.
- To assist the hospital by providing volunteer services
- To promote a better understanding between the hospital and the community
- To augment the work of the trained personnel so that the employee may have more time for the technical job for which he or she is trained
- To augment the service to patients and staff through purchases made from the proceeds of the Hospital Gift Shop, money-making projects, other forms of fundraising
- To promote the education of nurses by awarding scholarships to students of Tyler County LVN School of Nursing
- Pam Lord – President
- Janet Sherwood – Vice President
- Rowena Lieb – Secretary
- Darlene Ellis – Treasurer and Historian
We need you!
Membership in The Auxiliary is open to all people interested in community health and welfare, and who agree to abide by the policies of The Auxiliary and Tyler County Hospital.
Yearly dues of $5 are collected in September.
Your volunteer hours are recorded and an hour award is given in May.
We are a member of the Texas Association of Healthcare Volunteers (TAHV). Read about them on their website: http://tahv.org
We report to the Tyler County Hospital Board of Directors and the hospital CEO.
We may be small but we care Big. Quality Healthcare Close to Home!
The Tyler County Hospital Family Medical Clinic proudly serves our community. No appointment is necessary for sick and acute care only. Routine healthcare visits are available by appointment. TCH Family Medical Clinic is open Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5:00 pm