Licensed Vocational Nursing Program in Tyler County
Since 1960, our LVN school has graduated 1,380 licensed vocational nurses!
Tyler County Hospital School of Vocational Nursing
Equal opportunity educational program
The program consists of three levels:
|Level I||Sixteen (16) weeks with a major concentration in classroom lectures and demonstrations, coordinated with beginning clinical experiences in Woodville, Lufkin, Jasper, and Livingston.|
|Levels II & III||Thirty-six (36) weeks of increased clinical experience coordinated with clinical post conferences and fewer classroom hours.|
Weeks 1-7: Classroom Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Weeks 8-16: Eight (8) hour Clinicals Monday and Tuesday. Classroom Wednesday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Weeks 18-21: Eight (8) hour Clinicals – Monday and Tuesday. Classroom Wednesday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Weeks 22-32: Twelve (12) hour Clinicals – Monday and Tuesday. Classroom Wednesday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Weeks 33-46: Twelve (12) hour Clinicals – Monday and Tuesday. Classroom Thursday and Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Weeks 47-49: Classroom Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. until graduation.
Clinical hours will vary according to the assigned location.
(Weeks are approximate and may adjust as needed)
Qualifications for Admission:
- At least 18 years old
- High School Graduate or GED
- Pass a Drug Screen
- TEAS test scores within the last year
- Pass a background check for Tyler County Hospital as well as the Texas Board of Nursing
Accepted each year from April 1 until 4:00 pm last Friday of July. They may be dropped off at the LVN School Administration Office or mailed to:
ATTN: LVN School
1100 W. Bluff, Woodville, Texas 75979
409-283-6460 or 409-283-6462
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is offered at the Nursing School at least 3 times per year
- Maximum of seventy-two (72) student are accepted, including at least 15 Tyler County residents
- Top 72 test scores; alternates are also selected
- Texas State Board of Nursing and Tyler County Hospital criminal background checks
Tuition and Fees (subject to change):
- Tuition currently $6,500
- Additional fees due with tuition – $1000
- Textbooks, uniforms, license fees, test fees, etc. during the year approximately $2,000
- Government grants NOT accepted
- Texas Workforce Commission for qualifying students
- VA Benefits – for veterans and/or their spouses. We do not accept the Hazelwood Act.
The application period is currently closed
We may be small but we care Big. Quality Healthcare Close to Home!
The Tyler County Hospital Family Medical Clinic proudly serves our community. No appointment is necessary for sick and acute care only. Routine healthcare visits are available by appointment. TCH Family Medical Clinic is open Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5:00 pm