Clinic Insurance /Billing Clerk
TYLER COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: Clinic Insurance /BillingClerk
REPORTS TO: Clinic Office Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Insurance/Billing Clerk will perform clerical duties relative to the accounts receivable function and the processing of
insurance and private-pay invoices and claims.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
1. Prepares and submits invoices on private-pay claims and to insurance claims, submits invoices to supplemental insurance carriers, verifies coverage for secondary billing, and implements follow-up procedures.
2. Responds to questions from patients and insurance companies.
3. Answers the telephone and performs clerical duties as instructed.
4. Engages in electronic claims submissions and computer file maintenance.
5. Engages in posting procedures, maintaining records, and in preparing reports as directed.
1. Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have at least one year experience in a business office with health care accounting experience preferred..
3. Must have a working knowledge of customary business office machines, as well as with personal computers and usual business office software.
4. Must demonstrate effective verbal and writing communication skills.