JOB TITLE: Medical Technologist
REPORTS TO: Lab General Supervisor/Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Technologist will obtain patient specimens, perform all Lab functions, interpret test results, implement quality control procedures, and perform instrument/equipment maintenance.
- 1. obtain patient specimens
- 2. perform all lab functions
- 3. interpret test results
- 4. implement QC procedures
- 5. perform instrument/equipment maintenance
- 6. draw and process patient samples
- 7. run tests to include CBC’s, chemistry, kit tests, coagulation tests, urinalysis and blood bank
- 8. process and distribute reports
1. Must have Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or closely related.
2. Must have AMT or ASCP certification or eligible for certification.
* Send Resume to Dr. Sandra Wright, CEO, Tyler County Hospital District, 1100 West Bluff, Woodville, TX 75979.