Medical Lab Technician
JOB TITLE: Medical Laboratory Technician
REPORTS TO: Lab General Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Laboratory Technician will obtain patient specimens, perform all Lab functions, interpret test results,
implement quality control procedures, and perform instrument/equipment maintenance.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
- 1. obtain patient specimens
- 2. perform all lab functions
- 3. interpret test results
- 4. implement QC procedures
- 5. perform instrument/equipment maintenance
- 6. conduct chemical analyses of body fluids
- 7. such as blood & urine to detect abnormalities or diseases
1. Must have a Associate degree in Science.
2. Must have and maintain registration as a MLT, ASCP or equivalent and/or
3. Must be qualified according to CLIA guidelines.
4. Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn and apply technical procedures involved in Laboratory testing.