IT'S A WIN, WIN DEAL –
- VOLUNTEERING MAKES FOR A LONGER, HAPPIER LIFE FOR THE VOLUNTEER
- IT COSTS AS LITTLE AS 3 HOURS A WEEK OF YOUR TIME
- IT BENEFITS SO MANY
- HEY, YOU EVEN ENJOY A FREE MEAL ON THE DAY YOU VOLUNTEER
- WE NEED YOU IN SO MANY WAYS – INFO DESK, GIFT SHOP CLERK, SODA/SNACK MACHINE STOCKING & MORE
- WE CONTRIBUTED OVER $5,538 IN LVN SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS AND/OR EQUIPMENT TO TCH IN 2016 AND OVER $42,310 FROM 2012/2015, BENEFITING BOTH INPATIENTS AND OUTPATIENTS OF OUR COMMUNITY
- IN 2016, WE DONATED 3,968 HOURS IN VOLUNTEER NON-PAID SERVICES TO TYLER COUNTY HOSPITAL.
- THE HOSPITAL AUXILIARY DOES NOT MAKE TYLER COUNTY HOSPITAL, BUT IT DOES MAKE IT BETTER!
We're a dedicated, hard working organization; proud to be able to make valuable contributions to our hospital and the citizens it serves. We manage the Wildflower Gift Shop and the hospital vending machines, using the revenues to provide scholarships and purchase equipment for the hospital. We also hold Garage Sales and other fundraising events to gain revenue.
We clock in over 6,000 hours, annually, providing various volunteer services for hospital personnel and both inpatients and outpatients of TCH.
We welcome men and women. Call us at 409-283-6435 or drop by the Gift Shop.
It is in giving of oneself that one receives.
- To assist the hospital by providing volunteer services
- To promote a better understanding between the hospital and the community
- To augment the work of the trained personnel so that they employee may have more time for the technical job for which he or she is trained
- To augment the service to patients and staff through purchases made from the proceeds of the Hospital Gift Shop, money-making projects, other forms of fundraising
- To promote the education of nurses by awarding scholarships to students of Tyler County LVN School of Nursing
- Mary Ann Gallier - President
- Ruth Stewart - Vice President
- Christine (Kiki) Russler - Secretary
- Darlene Ellis - Treasurer
- Darlene Ellis – Historian
We need you!
Membership in The Auxiliary is open to all people interested in community health and welfare, and who agree to abide by the policies of The Auxiliary and Tyler County Hospital.
Yearly dues of $5 are collected in September.
Your volunteer hours are recorded and an hour award given in May.
We are a member of the Texas Association of Healthcare Volunteers (TAHV). Read about them on their website: http://tahv.org
We report to the Tyler County Hospital Board of Directors and the hospital CEO.